Hi there! My name is Maria Mercer and I am so glad you are visiting my blog.
I am a wife to my wonderful husband, Ben, and a mother to my beautiful boy, Ellis, and our two fur babies, Boss & Apollo.
I am a former Financial Advisor, and I currently work as an Executive Assistant for a worldwide shoe company. But, I always have a side “hustle” that fulfills my desire for entrepreneurship.
I started out designing simple art prints, gifts, and home management templates in two different Etsy shops. In the midst of developing and building these shops I started working on custom wedding and event designs for family and friends, and discovered that I LOVED working on invitations and other fun event stationery. It’s an incredible privilege to be entrusted with such a big part of someone’s special day!
By discovering what I truly enjoyed working on, I have narrowed my focus and consolidated my product lines. In August 2019, I decreased my efforts in home management and focused my efforts in launching a wedding stationery line. You can find the links to this Shop here! I continue to work on custom designs as well!
Outside of discovering a passion for design, I’ve been through a lot in my 28 years. Both of my parents passed away my senior year of high school (10 weeks apart), I’ve lived with rheumatoid arthritis since I was 16, and one of my brothers has been in prison for the past 5 years… and those are just a few of the more prominent things.
Our English Bulldog Boss
In the blog section of this website, I want to inspire perseverance by sharing my stories. I hope that it can help at least one person take a breath and realize that life is altogether amazing despite all the unfortunate things that can and will happen!
I hope to encourage a positive mindset and create a space for reflection. Let’s journey through the good and the bad and appreciate that we are exactly where we need to be.
Positive thinking makes a broken life beautiful.
I also want to support your dreams by instilling confidence and courage to pursue whatever sets your soul on fire! I hope that by watching me pursue my dreams, not matter how big or small, it can inspire you to do the same!
My goal for this website is to create a space where I can be myself, share my designs, and tell my story. I hope you’ll join me!
I can’t wait to get started on this journey with you!
This is Mr. Apollo (he mostly goes by Cat or Kitty )
10 things you may not know about me!
1. I went to girls Nationals for wrestling in the 8th grade
2. I developed Rheumatoid Arthritis when I was 16 years old
3. I have had 2 surgeries in my lifetime: My right ankle at age 15 and my right hand at age 16
4. I have a bachelor’s degree in Finance
5. I went back to school for nursing after my son was born, but did not complete the program due to my arthritis (life throws you curves)
6. I had 11 dogs at one time growing up! (P.S. – that is WAY too many)
7. My dream job would hands down be a Criminal Profiler (give me all the crime shows!)
8. I married my high school sweetheart! Ben and I have been together since I was 15 🙂
9. I constantly move my feet when I am sitting or laying down. It drives Ben crazy!
10. I am a homebody that loves my couch & Netflix – Friends, New Girl, crime shows, repeat!
This guy always supports whatever adventure I want to take on. And the little guy motivates me to pursue whatever sets my soul on fire. I want him to always know that it’s always worth trying and failing then to never try at all.
“There’s no need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfection.”
– Ziad K. Abdelnour –